Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Swings and roundabouts
On the eighth day of February my true love gave to me, a plastic Tyrannosaurus Rex.
There is a good reason for this. It involves childhood trauma brought on by my brother- he caught a fly and put it down my T-Rex's mouth and held it closed. Even though logically the fly most likely escaped, it was never the same with that gorgeous green T-Rex. The innocent fly and its possible grizzly death by starvation haunted me. This lovely orange T-Rex is solid. The back of his mouth is blocked up. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that.
*shakes fist at memory of evil little brother*
Anywho...! We got a call today that our landlord is putting our apartment on the market. I wanted to cry for the following reasons:
- We love our apartment. It is our first official Coop. We even got engaged here, in this little sweat box of awesomeness that we call our own
- We cannot afford to buy our apartment (let alone renovate the crapola kitchen and bathroom)
- Moving sucks!!!!
- We now have to keep the place tidy at all times and strangers will be walking around opening our cupboards and draws. Creepy...
- The rental market in Melbourne could officially be termed as heinously competitive
- Even if an investor buys it and we can stay, the rent will go up
For the benefit of non-Aussie's: "The Australian expression 'black stump' is the name for an imaginary point beyond which the country is considered remote or uncivilised, an abstract marker of the limits of established settlement" source
So in other words not good. Let's see what Thursday brings!